- We’re always looking for a better way at Outlier and when it comes to shorts we’ve been building off of a core idea for years now - that the perfect pair of shorts are tailored like a dress pant to look great, built using the best performance fabrics, and can double as a swim trunk with water-ready details.
You can read all the details below or just pick one up with a Grid Linen Towel as part of our Swim Pack for $160, or with a Mojave Pivot Shirt in our Short/Short Pack for $222.
Strong, durable and lightweight. Our F. Cloth is a 200gsm 97% Nylon, 3% Elastane canvas woven in Sweden. Boasting a substantial 35% two-way stretch, F. Cloth is significantly freer than many stretch fabrics. It's lightweight and breathable, while the light DWR and air texturized Cordura grade nylon yarns are both strong and soft enough to be a joy to wear every day.
- New Way Shorts
- Made with F. Cloth, woven in Sweden
- 97% Nylon, 3% Elastane
- Air texturized Cordura grade nylon canvas
- Two-way stretch
- DWR Treated for quick drying
- Air texturized nylon pocketing, made in USA
- Mil-spec flat mesh pocketing, made in USA
- Paracord Type III MIL-C-5040 internal drawstring
- Triple barrel knot drawstring ends
- Custom Italian Mombasa poly slot button
- Belt loops
- Functional fly
- YKK #7 coil zipper, made in Georgia, USA
- Four flow through pockets
- Two deep front pockets
- Two rear welt pockets
- Tailored cut
- Machine wash warm, hang dry or tumble dry medium
- Iron low
- Dry cleanable (do not use trichloroethylene)
- Made in Newark, New Jersey
- New Way Shorts
Fits true to size.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 Top opening 15.25 15.75 16.25 16.75 17.25 17.75 18.25 18.75 19.25 20.25 Front Rise 9.5 9.75 10 10.25 10.5 10.88 11.25 11.63 12 12.75 Inseam 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 Leg opening 9.5 9.75 10 10.25 10.5 10.75 11 11.25 11.5 12Body measurements in inches Size 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38 Natural waist at narrowest point 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38