- Don't call them jeans. There's no denim in here. No cotton to blowout after a month or two of cycling. No cotton to suck up sweat and rain and clam up your life for hours as it sort of dries. If Levi Strauss set out today, do you think he'd pick a fabric centuries old, or would he do what he did 160 years ago and find the toughest, most durable and most comfortable cloth around?
We set out to make a true five pocket pant for casual work and wear; a women's version of our Slim Dungarees. It needed to be ready for our lifestyle. One pant we could wear everyday, all day. One that could handle the stress of daily cycling and would still look good even when covered in grime and paint.
Pants that stay dry in light rain, yet dry fast if they do get wet. Pants that shrug off coffee and beer. Pants that look and smell good even if you never wash them but can also get tossed in the washer without compromising their core style. Pants we can hike and sail in and then still walk into a restaurant looking sharp.
Five pocket design with brushed stainless steel rivets and a gusseted crotch.
Fit-wise we heeded your requests and tapered the leg for a slimmer look and fit than the previous iteration. Check your measurements before buying.
Tough and beautiful, there are quite literally two sides to our Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas. The outer face is canvas weave comprised of a healthy percentage of Cordora grade nylon, making it our strongest and most durable fabric. The inner face is completely different, a loosely woven nylon-poly blend that has been made to a subtle softness. The result is incredible: a rugged, ready-for-anything fabric that stays both comfortable and breathable.
The Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas weighs in at 275 gsm (10 oz), slightly more than our 4Season fabric and the heaviest of our core cloths. It has a slight two-way stretch and great drape. The "self-cleaning" NanoSphere® treatment emulates the surface of a lotus leaf, giving it nice resistance to water, coffee, wine and dirt. When it does get wet, it dries much faster than conventional fabric, keeping you in comfort no matter the weather.
Bluesign certified for a cleaner planet. Machine wash warm (do not use fabric softener). Hang dry or tumble dry on low for 5-10 minutes maximum. (It dries fast). Ironing or a quick tumble dry will restore the NanoSphere® treatment to as good as new.
- The Ladies Slimmer Dungarees
- Made with Outlier's Workcloth Doubleweave Canvas
- 82% Nylon, 16% Polyester, 2% Elastane
- Doubleweave construction, Cordora grade nylon canvas weave on the outside, soft nylon-poly weave on the inside
- 275 gsm
- Reversed yoke to avoid uncomfortable stress points
- Gusseted crotch
- High breathability
- NanoSphere® treatment
- Water resistance
- Dirt and grime resistance
- Slight two-way stretch
- Brushed stainless steel rivets and shank
- Bluesign® certified fabric
- Fit-wise we heeded your requests and tapered the leg for a slimmer look and fit than the previous iteration. Check your measurements before buying.
- Machine wash warm and lay flat to dry (do not use fabric softener). Tumble dry medium or low iron to restore water resistance.
- Made in New York City with Swiss fabric
- The Ladies Slimmer Dungarees
Fits true to size. Slimmer fit but not skin tight with a tapered leg.
Please refer to the table below for exact garment measurements.
Garment measurements in inches, measured flat
Size 0 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 Jean Size 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 Top Opening 14.25 14.75 15.25 15.75 16.25 16.75 17.25 17.75 18.25 Hips (widest point) 17.5 18 18.5 19 19.5 20 20.5 21 21.5 Inseam 33 33 33 33 33 33 33.5 33.5 33.5 Leg Opening 5.5 5.5 5.5 5.63 5.75 5.87 6 6.13 6.25